Caribbean, island in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba
total: 10,991 sq km
2,713,130 (July 2004 est.)
English, patois English
tourism, bauxite/alumina, textiles, agro processing, wearing apparel, light manufactures, rum, cement, metal, paper, chemical products, telecommunications
Exports - commodities:
alumina, bauxite, sugar, bananas, rum, coffee, yams, beverages, chemicals, wearing apparel, mineral fuels
Imports - commodities:
food and other consumer goods, industrial supplies, fuel, parts and accessories of capital goods, machinery and transport equipment, construction materials
- Ministry of Finance and Planning
- Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Technology
- Ministry of Transport and Works
- Ministry of Labour.
- Jamaica Business Development Centre
- Bank of Jamaica
- Jamaica Stock Exchange
- Investment in Jamaica
- Jamaica Customs
- JBS - Bureau of Standards, Jamaica
- Jamaica Promotions Corporation (JAMPRO)
- Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN).
- Jamaica Online Directory - includes business and residential listings.
- Fair Trading Commission
- University of Technolofy (UTech).
- Daily Exchange Rate